Aging and environmental assaults (such as too much sun, hormones, stress and pollution) affect not only the way your skin looks and feels, but also your skin’s health. The Obagi Nu-Derm System® is a physician-prescribed skin care system that actually corrects the functions and health of your skin. The system transforms your skin at the cellular level, resulting in skin that looks and acts younger and healthier. With conscientious use of the Obagi Nu-Derm System® (as prescribed by your physician), photodamaged, aged and hyperpigmented skin can be transformed. Your skin will be smoother, firmer, more even-colored and properly hydrated. You and others will notice significant improvement in the way your skin looks and feels.
What are the effects of aging and photodamage on your skin?
As your skin ages, the turnover of skin cells slows significantly, throwing off the balance between the growth of healthy new skin cells and the sloughing off of old, damaged skin cells. Collagen and elastin begin to slowly break down, causing the skin to lose its resilience, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles and sagging. Daily exposure to UV light accelerates this aging process and causes uneven pigmentation.
Why does the Obagi Nu-Derm System transform your skin?
The Obagi Nu-Derm System penetrates below your skin’s surface, transforming skin cell functions at the cellular level and correcting the damage within your skin. Administered using a specific sequence of dosage and frequency that’s right for your skin condition, the prescription-based system triggers a therapeutic cascade that makes your skin look and act younger and healthier.
Who should use the Obagi Nu-Derm System?
If you’ve experienced occasional sunburns, daily sun exposure, hormonal changes, stress and environmental pollution, then your skin will show signs of premature aging. Your genetic history may also make you more prone to the effects of aging skin. Developed for all skin types, the Obagi Nu-Derm System can be tailored to your skin care goals.
What can you expect while using the Obagi Nu-Derm System?
Out With the Old
- The Obaji Nu-Derm® System penetrates to the deepest layer of the skin to correct signs of aging
- Old, dead skin cells are replaced with fresh cells
- Reactions such as itching, dryness and redness indicate that your treatment protocol is working
- By the end of this phase, which typically lasts 6 weeks depending on your skin condition, you will notice a visible improvement.
In With the New!
- Your skin begins producing normal, healthy cells
- Healthy new cells are pushed to the surface faster
- Pigment cells are distributing melanin more evenly
- Collagen and elastin production is stimulated
- Your skin begins to tolerate the treatment and reactions subside
- At the end of this phase, you will notice a significant improvement in the look and feel of your skin
- All skin cells are in the process of transformation
- All layers of the skin receive an increased supply of nutrients and blood flow
- Healthy, strong collagen and elastin production continues
- Skin is smooth, naturally hydrated, evenly colored and more resilient
- Your skin is looking and acting younger and healthier
The New You
- The Obagi Nu-Derm® System has delivered on the promise of skin transformation
- Your goal now is to make it a permanent part of your daily health care routine
- You will begin a personalized Obagi Nu-Derm® System maintenance protocol to ensure the continuation of younger-acting skin